Today is the palindrome of all palindromes! This calendar date is identical when read backwards and forwards.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime date. The last time we had all ones was in 2011 on Saturday, January 1st (1/1/11), Tuesday, January 11th, (1/11/11), Tuesday, November 1st (11/1/11), and Friday, November 11th (11/11/11).
This month we had all twos on Wednesday, February 2nd (2/2/22) and today! (2/22/22). The fact that this date falls on a Tuesday takes the cake! This is why today has been called TWOSDAY!
One's day kind of sounds like Wednesday, or you could make a case for a play on words for Monday, but none of the dates fell on either day.
In eleven years, we'll have all threes on March 3rd (3/3/33), predicted to fall on a Thursday, but it won't sound as strong as Tuesday. Two's day has the perfect ring to it, which is what makes today incredibly unique!
A week to remember:
Best of all, this week is the start of a palindrome week where we can read all the calendar dates bidirectionally:
- Sunday, February 20th (2-20-22)
- Monday, February 21st (2-21-22)
- Tuesday, February 22nd (2-22-22)
- Wednesday, February 23rd (2-23-22)
- Thursday, February 24th (2-24-22)
- Friday, February 25th (2-25-22)
- Saturday, February 26th (2-26-22)
- Sunday, February 27th (2-27-22)
- Monday, February 28th (2-28-22)
Time is of the essence:
Not only is today a palindrome date, but you can take it up a notch with palindrome times! We get three chances today, starting this morning at 2:22 a.m., this afternoon at 2:22 p.m., and tonight at 10:22 p.m., which reads 22:22 using a 24hr clock (aka military time).
Ways to celebrate:
- Double up and order two tacos for taco Tuesday!
- Take a two-person mini trip
- Write with a #2 pencil today
- Buy two drinks and share
- Read with a friend
- Take a time-stamped selfie at 2:22 PM (or go further and 22:22!)
- BONUS: take a selfie with your twin!
- Watch two movies with Movie Tuesday Deals
- Listen to music with the number 2 or 22 in the lyrics
- Take advantage of buy two shopping deals
- Celebrate St Lucian Independence Day
- Play a two-person game like a video game or doubles tennis
- Make a reservation for two at your favorite restaurant
No matter how you choose to celebrate be sure to take a moment and enjoy this day!
Pin this for later!